- Idea #8: Talk about our favorite music, and make some more music 5Albums.com just asked Craig and Nick to talk about their top five records. You can read about Craig's top five here, and Nick's top five here. The site is always looking for contributors, so if you have awesome taste drop them a line so we can read about yours.
In other news, Better Looking People With Superior Ideas are writing some new music. We've more or less finalized the new song we've opened the last couple of shows with (though these things never really stop evolving), and named it "Where The Lights Meet." Two more are in the works at the moment, as is a cool remix of City Song by Dr. Ian Malcolm. It's an exciting time right now, and there is much more to come.
- Idea #7: Release a music video, play a bunch of shows Today's big news is that we just released our first music video, for City Song from our EP. Our friend Elyse Molina directed it. Check it out at youtube.com/BetterLookingVideo, or by clicking "video" above.
We filmed it while Craig was briefly living in San Francisco for work. The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra had collaborated with a group called Street Pianos to put pianos in public places all over LA. This was while we were mixing the record, and Nick got the idea to film the track on as many of the pianos as possible in one day, then to have Craig drag his drumset all over SF, doing roughly the same thing.
We are ecstatic with the result, and hope you enjoy watching/listening to it. In the meantime, we've been playing and booking shows. We'll be in San Diego for the first time on March 10, and back in LA on March 15. Hope to see you.
- Idea #6: Actually release our record. Tonight. At midnight. It's been a long time coming. We started recording our first album with a few very rough demos in Nick's apartment during the summer of 2010. (The organ sound on City Song from that first recording actually made it onto the final copy too.) Last night we played our first show in LA, and tomorrow - or tonight at 12 am Pacific time - the album will finally be out for the world to hear. This is really really exciting, and 2013 seems to be off to a great start already.
To download or purchase your copy, we recommend visiting our Bandcamp page. It will also be available via iTunes, Amazon, etc., and at your local record store if you would prefer to order it like that.
Happy New Year!
- Idea #5: Start playing shows, release our record Our album will be out on January 1, 2013! We are so so excited to finally share everything that we've been working on with you.
We are currently booking as many shows as possible. Our next one is on December 30 at the Central SAPC in Santa Monica at 8. We'll have copies of the CD there, a full two days before anyone else will be able to hear it. Hope you can join us!
- Idea #4: Release a single We are very pleased to finally be able to share the first single off of the EP that we have been working on. It's called "With You." Craig wrote the lyrics on this one, and Nick came up with the bell thing. You can stream it using the player at the top of the website, or download a copy, totally for free, by visiting:
Please do tell everyone you know.